Miles Hire Covid-19
Following the latest Government update, Miles Hire
are now able to support you in preparing for a controlled return to work by
implementing new COVID recommended structures and standards throughout the
workplace. Miles Hire can support businesses through the provision of PPE
equipment, lift and shift gear, wash stations, sanitisation solutions and queue
control. All these measures will help ensure your business has the right
equipment and structures in place to implement good hygiene and social
distancing practice, making your workplace a safe and secure environment.
Throughout this difficult and unprecedent time, we continue to offer the best possible customer service we can, in a safe and responsible way. We are now able to provide a click and collect service at selected depots and we have taken the necessary precautions to ensure our new click and collect process is contact-free and safe for both us and our customers.
Please read further for more information on changes made to our collection and delivery services.
Miles Hire new COVID-19 Delivery Process:
- You will receive a call prior to delivery, confirming arrangements.
- Your hire equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised, with particular attention to certain touch points such as handles and triggers.
- Upon arrival, our driver will call you to agree a suitable location for the delivery of your hire equipment. Please note, social distancing measures must be in place, and a 2m distance is required between customers and our drivers.
- When we have delivered your equipment to a safe place, our driver will take a photograph of delivered goods as ‘Proof of Delivery’ – your copy of this will then be emailed to you on completion.
- Our driver will electronically sign for your goods on your behalf, to mark the delivery as complete before leaving the site.
Miles Hire COVID-19 Collection Process
- When your hire period expires, we will telephone to mutually agree collection plans.
- When we arrive on site, our driver will call again to agree a safe location, where which the hire equipment can be collected.
- Collected equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised to ensure safety measures are in place before loading onto our vehicle.
- Following collection, our driver will take photograph the equipment – this becomes ‘Proof of collection’ which will then be emailed to you.
- Our driver will electronically sign the collection off on your behalf, logging the process as complete.
Are branches still open to collect orders?
In line with latest Government advice, most of our depots remain closed. We are currently offering a contact-free delivery and collections service from selected depots. We will continue to review the latest government advice and recommendations and once it is deemed safe to do so, we will resume business as usual.
Can I pay by cash?
In order to protect the safety of both our staff and customers, we currently ask that all orders are paid by card only.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
We ask for a small deposit to secure hire equipment. We will make contact prior to delivery, so that this can be arranged.
How do I contact you?
On LiveChat: You can chat with us via our LiveChat function on your website. Simply type your message into the chat window and one of our live chat agents will respond to your query.
By telephone: We continue to offer the same exceptional customer service we’re renowned for and if you’d like to personally chat with someone from the team, you can call us directly on: 01792 64 65 66
Email: Our email systems remain open during this time and you can contact us by sending your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are all products available online?
All products listed on our website are available to
Can I still open a trade account?
Of course. We’re still able to open accounts for customers who would like to do this. Just visit our website for more information.
Why is the business still open?
After careful consideration of the latest Government advice, we have made the decision to keep Miles Hire open so that we can continue to support those who need our services. To ensure the safety of our staff, colleagues and customers, we have implemented strict measures at our working depots. These include recommended social distancing measures, reduced staff levels and increased hygiene and cleaning standards. The safety and well-being of our staff and customers remains our first priority.
How much does delivery or collection cost?
As we have always done, Miles Hire continue to offer our free delivery service so our products can be hired at no extra cost to our customers.
Thank you for continuing to support our business during these times.